Hiking boots are tall and robust shoes that are meant to take a beating and help you pass through difficult terrain and be able to do it with good comfort. Such boots are resistant to damage and offer superior cushioning and support to feet.
Hiking boots are built to protect your feet when you walk on mud, step in holes, walk over broken glass and do many other things you would not trust other shoes with. In these boots you can cruise like a tank over terrain that would be impossible for other boots and shoes.
Hiking boots should offer support, cushioning, protection from cuts and punctures and also superior traction. Chances are, you will encounter slippery or sloped surfaces when you hike, and soles with good traction will be very useful.
So, to help people choose the best shoes out of the huge multitude presented on the markets, we have accumulated the best 8 models in one list, and you will see the boots with the best price and quality here. This will help you pick great shoes in the future, since you will now know what good hiking boots look like.
These synthetic hiking boots are specially designed to provide maximum comfort. You definitely will not be getting sore feet by wearing these. The boots are very well cushioned, and even after walking several miles down a trail the feet will feel just like when you started your hike. The cushioning also provides stability and enhanced ankle support - it is almost impossible to sprain your ankle now.
The boots are very well ventilated. The improved air circulation prevents the feet from getting, hot, sweaty, and stuffy.
The soles are built to provide great traction, and will not slip on such surfaces like dry leaves, pine needles, or mud puddles. And as for waterproofing capabilities - a waterproof GoreTex membrane is built into the boot, and keeps the water out without affecting air-circulation.
This product also comes with a two-year warranty.
- Foot comfort is very good, and the shoe offers support and cushioning at a high level
- Traction is very strong, and this aids in climbing steep slopes and running in wet conditions
- Shock-absorbing capabilities
- More expensive than your average hiking-boots
This model is made to be both comfortable and versatile, and is perfect for short hikes with light backpacks. The boots are designed to be very light, but also very stable. The inside of the boot is cushioned on the front and the sides, ensuring lateral stability and protecting the toes from blisters. The ankle support allows you to travel on rough rails without fear of hurting your ankle. The upper part of the boot is made of leather, and keeps the foot firmly locked in place.
The footbed minimizes fatigue and friction, and has great moisture-wicking capabilities, keeping the feet dry and fresh. The soles have amazing traction, thanks to the thick rubber lugs and rough outsoles. The waterproof GORE-TEX lining is perforated, allowing air to circulate freely through the boot, while keeping the feet warm and dry.
- Well ventilated
- Very lightweight
The Danner company has a great reputation for quality since 1932, so you already can expect what you are getting. These boots are very versatile. They can be either be used as town footwear or for hiking across rugged terrain and difficult trails. The upper is made from a combination of smooth suede and waterproof membrane. This does not only make the boot more stylish and visually appealing - it also becomes more functional. The suede makes the boot more durable, and the membrane improves water and snow resistance.
The soles have a special coating that enhances traction, and the footbed is made from ortholite, that absorbs shock and vibration. These boots can handle just about anything, whether it is a swamp, a rocky mountain trail, or a snow covered field.
- Functional and visually appealing at the same time
- Good for all seasons
- Versatile, can even be used as running shoes
- Soft soles, which can be a problem if you are walking on sharp rocks.
These boots do not need a break-in period - they feel comfortable on your feet right out of the box. But not only comfortable - your feet will also stay cool, ventilated, cushioned and protected.
The toe cap on this model is rubberized, so you will not end up breaking a toenail when accidentally kicking a rock. The upper is made of abrasion-resistant leather. Ventilation panels ensure proper air circulation inside the boot, not allowing the feet to sweat even in extremely hot weather. On the other hand, if it is rainy and muddy, the feet will stay dry, for they will be protected by the breathable waterproof membrane.
The interior of the boot is lined with cushion pods that protect the foot from shock. The special coating on the soles almost makes them sticky.
- Do not need a break-in period – wear them right off
- Ventilated and waterproof, so it will help you through a rainstorm
- Very aggressive traction on the soles, so you will be able to jog and run on wet grass
- The lace hooks are too large for the laces
This model was designed for better water resistance. The waterproof leather used in these boots is of premium quality, and all the seams are sealed so that the feet constantly remain dry in any weather. The speed-laces are also rust-proof.
The midsole in made of lightweight shock -absorbing EVA. This makes the boots lighter and more comfortable. The footbed is made from memory foam along with mesh lining. The toes and heels have bumpers for improved protection.
The sole of the boot has enhanced traction due to multi-directional lugs and hard outsole made of rubber.
Only ecologically clean materials were used in the construction of these boots.
- Waterproof because of the superior materials and the sealed construction that keeps water out
- Lightweight, and this is great for running or jogging
- Great working boots because of the strong and resilient materials and construction
- Need a lot of regular care
These women's hiking boots have everything - light weight, toughness, durability, comfort, stability, water resistance and traction. They can be used right out of the box, as they do not need a break-in period.
The upper is made of breathable mesh overlaid with durable suede, and will make sure that your feet stay cool in the hottest environments. As for wet environments, these boots have you covered - a waterproof membrane is built into them. The footbed is contoured and arched, and has additional heel support.
The Vibram sole and rubber lugs have amazing traction, and will not lose their grip even on a very slippery surface.
- Improved heel cushioning, which will help you jog for long distances without stress
- Waterproof and comfortable, making these boots best for walking through wet grass
- Tough and robust, will last you a very long time
- Some people's feet do not match the arch in the footbed
These rugged boots will handle most surfaces with ease. The upper is made from leather and cordura, and provides great toughness and abrasion resistance combined with decent breathability and light weight. The low-friction footbed prevents blisters and abrasions, and also has antibacterial and moisture-wicking capabilities. It is also arched in order to reduce foot fatigue from long hikes.
The Durathread outsole provides durability and nice traction. The heel cradle supports and stabilizes the ankle, preventing strains and sprains. The whole interior of the boot is cushioned to improve shock resistance, stability and comfort.
- Relatively cheap, while also having great quality of make
- Rugged no-frills construction, which makes it unpretentious and simple
- Light and thus will help you with improved mobility
- Smooth sole which can slip on ice and snow, so do not use this boot in the winter
These boots are produced by Columbia, and are crafted from premium materials. They are durable, lightweight, comfortable, and even stylish. To effectively combine foot support, toughness, breathability and moisture resistance, the producers decided to choose a combination of leather and waterproof mesh for the exterior. On top of that, all the seams are treated and sealed.
The Techlite midsole is lightweight in order to absorb impact and offer cushioning. The outsoles have a superior grip, and will allow you to climb the steepest, most slippery rocks with confidence. The ankle support will help you trek across rough terrain while carrying a heavy backpack without the fear of having sore feet later.
- Low price, especially surprising with the high level of quality
- Visually appealing, very stylish and universally goo-looking with any clothes.
- Amazing grip on any surface, including wet grass and even muddy dirt
- Need a break-in period, but after that they will fit almost perfectly